The deliveries were mainly significant in that they prevented us from taking our motorcycles on what turned out to be a beautiful weekend to prime motorcycling country, but alas!!
The good weather was auspicious for the roofing part, except that the tin roof got too hot too fast. This caused a mid-day break and a decision to work on the shady side first.
I managed to get out and go for a few walks while the guys were doing the heavy lifting (and thinking). I was amazed at the volume in the river. Here is a shot of water coming off the hillside, right down to the road. Fortunately there was a big culvert (or whatever you call it) that channeled the water under the road from where it gushed down the rest of the hillside to the river.
The deer were plentiful, as were the hummingbirds, and even a turkey. Here (on the left) is one who only moved when I lifted my camera to take a picture.
We managed to get the roof complete (except for the cap) and get cleaned up in time to make it to Richland Sunday night. It was great to visit a bit with Bobbie and Betty, and I got managed a swim while Bobbie went to her water exercise class on Monday before heading to Yakima where we had lunch with Greg and Barbara Cleveland (Mike's friend from high school who was also a friend of Joe's through various athletic pursuits.) Mike also was able to bring home a couple more boxes of Bull Family Memorabilia to scan, edit, and post for all to share. It was fun just briefly looking through them, as there were some pictures that we had not seen before, at least not for a long time. Watch for them on Flickr.
Well, this blog-posting's not so bad, but it's hard to know where to stop. At this point, I also need to let the pictures really want to move before they will go anywhere near where I want them to be. Thanks to our kids (and Ken) for some great blog examples. Terri
2 comments:
Way to go Mom! I can help with picture placement sometime if you want, but what you've got looks pretty good to me.
We Bulls are pretty good at strategery!
Way to go Dad too. I forgot, but I heard he did some editing. Perhaps it was he who figured out the picture placement...
Post a Comment